Sunday, January 14, 2018

Finish A Long 2018

I've been looking for a quilt related goal setting link up,  something not too demanding but one that will keep me moving long. I settled on Finish Along 2018, you can read about it here. I like that I can set a quarterly goal which means I won't have to make a long list of all my UFO's right now. I probably don't have many by some peoples standards but I know from past experience that I have more than I can think of without digging through all my "stuff".

I am only going to list 2 projects for this quarter because I have a long term projects that will be ongoing.

First project is the Fancy Forest quilt that I have been working on. These are the blocks I have finished.  I have 2 Owl blocks to make and then I can put this together. I am having a hard time deciding on the fabrics for the owls but I think I can at least get them cut tomorrow. I want to finish this soon for my great grandson who arrived 2 months too soon but will soon be going home from the hospital.





































The second project is a small throw or wall hanging.  These Quails nest blocks are for The Friendship block swap group I belonged to and they are probably 5 years old. I have more of the blocks that are lighter and closer to pastel values and at some later time I will make something with them. I think the arrangement on the left  is the same as the blocks sewn together with sashing in the  photo on the right.
This quilt just needs a border and it will be ready to layer up. I think I will keep this one for some much needed color in the living room.


                                    

 I think that both these projects are doable for this quarter and that I will have time to work on my long term project as well. We'll See!                       



No comments: